



We had a wonderful Thanksgiving! It was just my mom, Joe, Kai and I. A pretty tiny crowd, but a pretty fun crowd, if I don't say so myself...even though poor Joe had sinus infection #3 of this Fall.
The funniest part was Kai when we sat down at the table to have the big meal. He looked around and said very thoughtfully, "Where are all the people?"
We laughed so hard.
We started a new tradition of making gingerbread houses and also took our traditional walk to the Mississippi River. You know though, with such a small crowd, it truly takes on a slower pace and it let me reflect a bit more on the meaning of the season.
Here are some of the things I'm most thankful for this year:
1. My health. It has been over 3 years that I've been well!!! I have energy, a good immune system, and I would guess that most people who met me today would never believe that I spent a good almost two years in bed. I try to remember most mornings how lucky I am to cram so much into one day.
2. My happiness. I have learned that my happiness depends on one thing--me! Simple, right? But, oh did this take a lot of years and I'm still working on it....
3. My family. I am so deeply rooted in my family that I grew up in and also in the family that I am creating.
4. The future. We will have a new baby in March and a son who continues to keep us laughing...it helps to remind me that life just keeps getting better.
Well, I could go on and on, but I think I will head to bed, which leads me to:
5. Sleep!! Kai finally sleeps through the night. Hallelujah!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment