Somehow December and January are gone, but I forgot to post our birthday photos!
Joe turned 40!! I turned 36!! Kai turned 3!!

Here we are hiking at William O'Brien State Park on Joe's big day!


We were in Maryland visiting Joe's twin sister, Rosie, and her wonderful family for my birthday and to celebrate Joe and Rosie's big 4-0! Rosie, Tommy, Joe and I went out for a fancy dinner at an incredible Greek Seafood restaurant in D.C. It's the first time in all of these years that just the adults went out together....it was splendid. When we came home around 11:30 pm, 4 of the kids were still up (yep, including Kai, of course). I think the cousins were having just as much fun as us!

Finally, Kai had a wonderful birthday celebration with a small group of his friends. It was hard for him to pick just a few to invite, since he truly wanted over 20 of his friends! He picked out vanilla cupcakes with blue frosting and was thrilled when our favorite baker put a little hamburger decoration on his special cupcake. We had a pinata in the garage (it was too cold to do it in the backyard in the snow like we had hoped) and the kids had a blast!
No comments:
Post a Comment