We were so lucky to have Reba come and spend a whole week with us. Reba is 12 years old and the second oldest of Rosie's kids (Joe's twin sister). She was truly the greatest gift-- and the best mother's helper. I don't think there are many kids who are as fun, responsible, competent and energetic as Reba. Reba helped me tons with Ruby June (holding her, burping her, changing her diapers, rocking her etc.) and also with Kai (playing, playing, playing!!). Reba also made lunches, did the dishes, folded probably over 20 loads of washes, and swept the floor. I know-- seriously, how lucky are we???
We tried to make the week not all work and some play. Joe, Reba, and Kai made a couple of trips to get ice cream and explore some parks and waterfalls.
Reba and I also made a daring trip to the Mall of America (what 12 year old comes to Minneapolis and doesn't go to the MOA?) along with Ruby J. I can't say I was a good fashion consultant though to Reba-- at one point, I said, "You are asking me what is hip? Look at me!! " (Ok, picture me not showered, with a baby in a sling, breast milk and spit up all over my shirt, and pants that you could see the maternity band with my belly spilling over it) I just had to laugh!
No comments:
Post a Comment