
Two stories, to continue on the theme of my sweet Kai-
#1
Kai: Hey Mom, do you think I could love you to space?
Me: I think so.
Kai: I could! I could love you past space and then past every single space alien and then past even God!
#2
Kai: Mama, I have to tell you something very, very, very important.
[Dramatic Pause]
Me: Tell me!
Kai: I've loved you for as long as the Little House on the Prairie Books were born.
(This second story is my favorite because Kai spends most of his day talking about knights, bows and arrows, Luke Skywalker, superheroes, and bad guys vs. good guys. He also begs me to wrestle with him every night (and he puts on his little wrestling outfit that our neighbor got for him from the thrift store). But, for 10 minutes each night, he nestles into my arms and we read one of the "My First Little House on the Prairie" books. For 10 minutes, he imagines life on the prairie and becomes a little more calm and a little less obsessed with swords. He becomes my half-pint).
1 comment:
very cute!! :)
Post a Comment